My Flash Fiction - The Pact

 


After Litro Magazine published my 300-word flash fiction back in July, everyone I know who read it  asked me to turn it into a novel. I have been toying with the idea and although I do not have a story plot yet I am looking forward to taking up the challenge someday soon. 


I wrote the story in one sitting back in 2017. It's about a woman whose brother died at the 2016 Nice attack and who contemplated a lethal pact she made with her brothers some 27 years back. I had initially written the story for a writing competition that was later cancelled. 


For a long time, I didn't want to send it out to magazines as I didn't want to sadden my husband. My father-in-law and his girlfriend, Sylvie, were amongst the 86 people who died during the attack when a terrorist drove a 19-tonne truck into a crowd of people celebrating Bastille Day on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice.


You can read my short story here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Spare by Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex

I disagree With Paulo Coelho On This One

France: A Country Without Color